Friday, April 23, 2010

the best news!

This funny thing happened once. I got accepted into the photography program at BYU, and then I got accepted again.

let me explain.

I initially got accepted back in April or so of last year, and me along with the other 30 or so were informed that we were gonna be taking a trial run and after a year in the program, we would have to submit a portfolio and then they would cut the number who advanced in the program to 20.

So last week was the portfolio review and two days ago I found out that I survived the "freshman cut"(thank goodness...)




Here is just one the the pieces that I put in my portfolio. serious model props to malia, she was wondrous to work with.







I have been doing a whole lot of shooting lately, and a whole not of blogging, so stick around. I will probably be hitting you with a whole slew of them in no time!

3 comments:

Donato said...

This is an amazing photo! I love it.

austinrory said...

how could you fight crime with the ability to turn your hair into birds?

Alex Obering said...

Ok... So I don't want to be a total creeper. You don't know me. Somehow I stumbled upon your blog. It's lovely, and your photography is amazing. Alright, so, I'm going to BYU this Fall. I'm very interested in attempting to get into the photography program. I'm not so sure I know what classes to take and such. Care to offer any advice? That would be fabulous. My email is alexishalladay@gmail.com. Thanks. :)